Boys Varsity Tennis
- Andy Neymit & Derek Rabin won 2 of 3. Their 3rd round victory over Oaks Christian's #1 doubles team helped solidify the charger win. Th boys increased their overall record to 7-2.
- Griffin Bradley played some amazing tennis on Thursday. Down 1-4 in the 3rd round to Oaks' Will Weinbach, Griffin dug deep to fight his way back into the match. Griffin never gave up on himself or his team. Eventually winning the match 7-6 (7-4 TB)
- Andy Neymit & Derek Rabin are off to a great start as well as doubles partners with and over record of 5-1
Boys Tennis Info Sheet – all you need to know…
Team: Boys Tennis Coach: Ryan Correia
Email: email@example.com Website: AgouraAthletics.org
Twitter: @Agoura_Tennis Remind: text @2018boyt to 81010
The Agoura Tennis Program gives student athletes the opportunity to play competitive tennis at their appropriate level, as a member of a team, promoting sportsmanship, camaraderie and fun!
- DAILY EXPECTATIONS – Athletes are expected to abide by school rules at all times. In addition, the following on and off court expectations will apply at all times.
- BE PUNCTUAL – Be on time to all practices, meetings and matches
- Practices – ODD Days - after school from 3:15 pm – 4:45 pm
EVEN Days – 6the Period PE
- Matches – Tuesday & Thursday – 3:00 pm start times
Class Dismissal Time: HOME = 2:00 pm
Class Dismissal Time: AWAY = 1:15 pm – 1:30 pm Bus Departure
- BE PREPARED – Mental/ Physical/Nutrition/Gear preparation is key
- Mental – come with the right mindset to PRACTICE & COMPETE
- Physical – Rest (get sleep) – Injuries (treat them – Trainers - Ice)
- Nutrition – Eat Well – Eat Smart (timing) – Fuel Your Body - Hydrate
- Gear – Racket/Shoes/Proper Practice Attire/Water Bottle
- BE COURTEOUS – Treat teammates, staff, competitors, fans and officials respectfully.
- Social Media – what you “post” today will stay with you FOREVER…be smart
- BE A LEADER – Take the initiative. Lead by Example.
- Team Captains
- Team Parent(s) (Varsity) - ______________________ (JV)______________________________
- BE DEDICATED – Try your best. Give each practice, meeting, and match 110%
- BE COMMUNICATIVE – Let me know in advance if there is an issue, scheduling conflict etc. I will do my best to keep players and parents updated weekly! (Weekly “Updates” on AgouraAthletics.org)
Agoura Athletics Team Commitment
Being a member of an athletic team is both a tremendous honor and a significant responsibility. Teams practice on a daily basis during their season. Once a student is on a team, she is expected to complete the season. I look forward to a great season in which we focus on our core beliefs associated with:
Sportsmanship – Commitment - Work-Ethic – Attitude – Teamwork – Resiliency - Accountability
Tennis Athletic Donation
Our athletic programs are dependent on the generous financial support of our parents. Without your contributions, especially with the current fiscal crisis in education, athletics at Agoura High School would struggle to exist.
The calculated average cost per student athlete to run our tennis program is $350. $175 of that $350 goes to the Athletic Department to help pay for the necessary transportation associated with student athlete travel. The remaining $175 goes directly to the BOYS TENNIS PROGRAM to help pay for uniforms, equipment and clinics. (The above is strictly a donation and no student athlete will be denied the opportunity to participate in a sport if a donation is not made to the program.)
Donation Collection – Tax Id # 95-2222290
I ask that donations be submitted ASAP, preferably Tonight so we can order uniforms.
Please make out 2 separate checks:
Check #1 - $175 to Agoura High School - Transportation
Check #2 - $175 to Agoura High School - Boys Tennis Trust #366
2018 Spring Boys Tennis Match Schedule & Important Dates
- Feb. 20th – Tues. 1st Team Practice 3:15 pm
- Feb. 22nd – Thurs. Preseason Match vs. Hart HOME @3:00 pm
- Mar. 1st – Thurs. Preseason Match vs. Oak Park HOME @3:00 pm
- Mar. 6th – Tues. Preseason Match vs. El Camino HOME @3:00 pm
- Mar. 8th – Thurs. Preseason Match vs. Malibu HOME @3:00 pm
- Mar. 13th – Tues. League Match vs. Newbury Park HOME @3:00 pm
- Mar. 15th – Thurs. League Match vs. Oaks Christian*** AWAY @3:00 pm
- Mar. 20th – Tues. League Match vs. Thousand Oaks AWAY @3:00 pm
- Mar. 22nd – Thurs. League Match vs. Westlake AWAY @3:00 pm
- April 10th – Tues. League Match vs. Calabasas HOME @3:00 pm
- April 12th – Thurs. League Match v. Newbury Park AWAY @3:00 pm
- April 17th - Tues. League Match vs. Oaks Christian*** HOME @3:00 pm
- April 19th – Thurs. League Match vs. Thousand Oaks HOME @3:00 pm
- April 24th – Tues. League Match vs. Westlake HOME @3:00 pm
- April 25th – Wed. League Match vs. Calabasas AWAY @3:00 pm
***VARSTIY MATCH ONLY – NO JV TEAM***
- The Varsity Team will consist of approx. 12 players
- The JV Team will consist of 10 players.
Thank you to everyone who tried out for a spot in the Boys Tennis 6th Period PE class. I appreciate all of your hard work and effort. For those who did not make it into the class I highly encourage you to try-out for a spot on the Boys Tennis Team this Spring.
***Please note that making it into the 6th Period PE class DOES NOT guarantee you a spot on the Boys Tennis Team. All players will try-out in Spring.
Official Boys Tennis 6th Period PE Roster
- Jacob Berler
- George Bladon
- Aidan Brooks
- Grand Brust
- Paul DeFilippo
- Ari Fomolant
- Bradley Gutfinger
- Cedric Halloran
- Orlando Holden
- Pablo Hortua
- Zakary Jefferies
- Pranav Kalyan
- Jacob Khaytman
- Derek Rabin
- Riley Reisner
- David Spellerberg